You guys, we love Cod - its meaty consistency makes for a wonderful meal, and I love how it absorbs flavors so quickly! This lemony, garlicky preparation inspired by Mediterranean cuisine requires a little preparation, but is a healthy option that can be on the table in 45 minutes or less! As my husband often says, there's something about EVOO, Lemon and Garlic coming together to give the flavor of butter without the calories!
Note: You can skip using the eggs and panic, but I find it adds an incredible texture to the fish.
For the Dredge
1) Prepare the spice blend (mix all ingredients together in a small bowl). Sprinkle evenly over the cod, set aside.
2) Get ready for cooking the cod. In 2 bowls and 2 plates in the following order:
4) Once the oil is hot, begin preparing the cod, following these steps:
6) While the fish is searing on the other side, add the garlic and wine to the left over EVOO-Lemon blend and mix quickly with a fork.
7) Take the fish off the heat and immediately drizzle the liquid over the fish filets. Place in oven, bake for 10 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and serve over rice, with a side of roasted veggies and salad.
As they say in my home country, Buen Provecho! Let me know what you think in the comments.